Puerto Vallarta is preparing for the summer, and thanks to the low rates of positivity and hospitalization for Covid-19, the governor of the state of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro, announced this morning the adjustments in the plan “Jalisco against the pandemic 2021” , which provides positive expectations for the tourism industry during this season.
• The adjustments to the “Jalisco pandemic 2021” plan were announced, increasing capacity in restaurants, bars, cultural spaces, exhibition and convention centers, among other spaces.
• This important tourist destination in the Mexican Pacific is ready to receive national and international tourism in the coming weeks.
As part of the efforts between state and municipal authorities and the tourism industry to achieve excellent results in the fight to eradicate Covid-19, the Jalisco Health Board offered new measures, which are presented below:
• Hotels in the destination increase their capacity to 80% as a limit, having an increase of 14%.
• Restaurants will be able to operate up to 75% of their capacity, increasing their operation by one hour until 1:00 am and managing to stay 8 people per table as a limit.
• Bars and clubs will work with 40% of their capacity and increase their operation by one hour, until 4:00 am.
• Cultural spaces such as cinemas, theaters, forums, museums, galleries, workshops, etc., increase their capacity to 75%, the same percentage for shopping and department centers, while casinos increase to 60%.
• Parks and urban forests will be 75% in reception of visitors and the areas that were closed can now be opened to the public.
• In events such as weddings, special celebrations, among others, it increases the occupancy to 300 people in closed spaces (1 person every 4 square meters) and 600 in open spaces (1 person every 2.5 square meters), going from 5 to 6 hours of operation .
• For the meetings industry, the Exhibition and Convention Centers may operate up to 3,000 people simultaneously as long as the space is greater than 10,000 square meters and a limit of 6,000 people per day.
• Religious activities, patron saint festivities and sports spaces increase their capacity to 75% capacity.
The low demand in hospitals and the decrease in positive cases for Covid-19, have helped the tourist reactivation in Puerto Vallarta and throughout the state to continue with firm steps. Likewise, the good progress in vaccination, currently for people between 40 and 49 years old, and inoculated between 50 and 59 years old, older adults, medical personnel and teachers, generates confidence to have a very promising summer season.
The management of sanitary protocols will continue to be applied strictly, this being the basis to safeguard the health of all visitors, Vallartans and the tourist industry of Puerto Vallarta, to continue offering the best experiences in one of the most important destinations at the national level and international.
Leave a Reply