Covid-19 Protocols For Puerto Vallarta Semana Santa 2021. Secretary General of the Government Health Board Juan Enrique Ibarra Pedroza announced the Covid-19 restrictions for Puerto Vallarta for Semana Santa 2021.
These restrictions are in effect only from March 29- April 2, 2021.
- Puerto Vallarta bars and restaurants must close at 11 pm during the period.
- Puerto Vallarta beaches can open from 5 am to 5 pm during the period.
- Puerto Vallarta hotels remain open with a maximum capacity of 66%.
- Religious processions, pilgrimages, living representations, and celebrations that generate crowds are not allowed.
The governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro, earlier this year promised that there would no longer be any “emergency button” and restrictions will only be announced in advance on 3 dates: Semana Santa, Mother’s Day and election day. This is the second year Semana Santa festivities have been restricted. Last year, when the pandemic practically began, authorities ordered a total quarantine and asked travelers not to leave home for the holiday.
Know the measures for Easter
The pandemic does not end on holidays, that is why we must maintain and reinforce care to reduce risks and avoid a rebound in infections in the holiday period from March 29 to April 2, 2021.
In order to take care of our health and that of others, the Board of Health established the following measures:
- Reinforce road filters, in airports and bus stations.
- Increase tests carried out at strategic points.
- The municipalities must ensure the restrictions of activities that generate agglomerations, avoiding giving permits for them.
- No religious celebration that generates crowds will be allowed and visits to the 7 temples are suspended.
- The beaches will operate from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; the restaurants and bars on beaches, magical towns, and the Chapala riverbank will close at 11:00 pm.
- Hotel capacity remains at 66%.
- Civil Protection Officers will be distributed in the main road accesses of Jalisco to discourage the presence of vacationers.
- The invitation for Jalisco is to go out only when necessary and not stay for more than 40 minutes in the same space.